Ακριβείς πληροφορίες για την ανέγερση του ναού δεν εντοπίζονται. Μπορεί να υποτεθεί ότι κτίστηκε στις αρχές του 19ου, διότι δεν εντοπίζεται στο κατάστιχο του Κασάριου Δαπόντε, αλλά στην Έκθεση της Δημογεροντίας της Γλώσσας, το 1833. Ως Μονή υπήρχε ως το 1843, οπότε και διαλύθηκε.
Ο παλιός ναός του μοναστηριού ήταν ξυλόστεγη, απλή βασιλική, με αρχόλιθους από τη γύρω περιοχή, που ανακαινίστηκε το 1954 και διέθετε κελία. Η εικόνα του Ευαγγελισμού είναι ρωσικής τεχνοτροπίας, των τελών του 19ου αιώνα.
Κείμενο: Ηρώ Μελαχροινάκη
Panagia Evangelistria (Agios Ioannis Kastrí)
Precise information regarding the construction of the church is not available. It is assumed that it was built in the early 19th century, since it does not appear in the registry of Kasarios Dapontes, but is mentioned in the 1833 Report of the Village Council of Glossa. It existed as a monastery until 1843, when it was dissolved.
The old monastery church was wooden-roofed, a simple basilica built with foundation stones from the surrounding area. It was renovated in 1954 and included monastic cells. The icon of the Annunciation is of Russian style, dating from the late 19th century.
Text: Iró Melachroináki