Η ακριβής χρονολογία ανέγερσης του δεν είναι γνωστή, ωστόσο το 1797 επιδιορθώθηκε. Ο ναός στα μέσα του 18ου αιώνα ήταν ξέσκεπος. Κατά την ανέγερσή του βρέθηκαν αρχιτεκτονικά μέλη από παλαιοχριστιανική βασιλική.
Στα μέσα του 19ου αιώνα ο Άγιος Νικόλαος ανήκε ενοριακά στην Κοινότητα της Γλώσσας. Τμήμα του τέμπλου του ναού και συγκεκριμένα ο ξυλόγλυπτος σταυρός, προέρχεται από τον Άγιο Ιωάννη στο Καστρί. Ο νέος ναός άρχισε να κτίζεται μετά το σεισμό του 1965 και τελείωσε το 1972. Ως το 1975 ήταν παρεκκλήσι του ναού της Κοιμήσεως της Θεοτόκου της Γλώσσας.

φωτογραφία Γιάννης Αθανασίου, πηγή διαδίκτυο
Saint Nicholas
The exact date of the church’s construction is unknown, however, it was repaired in 1797. By the mid-18th century, the church was without a roof. During its construction, architectural elements from an early Christian basilica were found. Near the sea, at Elios, walls of a large early Christian church (6th–7th century) and three large marble columns were discovered along the road in the 1970s. This church was contemporaneous with the old church of Saint Nicholas in Loutraki of Glossa.
By the mid-19th century, Saint Nicholas belonged to the parish community of Glossa. Part of the church’s iconostasis, specifically the wooden carved cross, comes from Saint John in Kastrí. The new church began to be built after the 1965 earthquake and was completed in 1972. Until 1975, it functioned as a chapel of the Church of the Dormition of the Theotokos in Glossa.